Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Cambria?
- Cambria is a natural quartz surfacing product that has a variety of uses in your home or business such as countertops, floor tile, vanities, fireplace surrounds, wet bars, showers, etc. Cambria is made of pure, natural quartz, one of the hardest and most abundant minerals on Earth. Some of Cambria’s designs have the natural look and feel of granite, marble and other quarried stones, but feature superior performance because of Cambria’s strength and durability. It is nonporous and will not absorb food and liquids like granite does. And best of all, it is maintenance-free.
- How Does Cambria Compare to Granite?
- Cambria is 93% quartz, a natural stone. Quartz is the extremely hard mineral that gives Cambria its strength. Granite is only about 40% to 60% quartz, along with other softer minerals and impurities. With Cambria, you get the look and feel of granite, but receive greater strength and the benefit of it being nonporous and maintenance free. Just wash it with warm water, and use a mild soap if desired. Cambria is stain resistant and never needs sealing or reconditioning. Granite is a porous stone and needs to be sealed regularly with a chemical treatment. It can absorb liquids and food, risking potential staining and bacterial growth within the countertop.
- Are all Cambria designs the same price?
- All Cambria designs except the ‘Luxury Series’ are priced the same. The ‘Luxury Collection’ includes the following designs: Ella, Brittanica, Roxwell, White Cliff, Oakmoor, Annica, Clareanne and Queen Anne.
- Are all Cambria edge profiles the same price?
- Cambria is first priced by the thickness that is selected. All edge profiles from the ‘Classic’, ‘Traditional’ and ‘Modern’ collections are the same price. Edge profiles from the ‘Architectural’ collection are priced separately but will be calculated if indicated on your quotation. You can explore all available edge profiles here.
- What is the process of getting my countertop?
- The process from start to finish is 4 simple steps:
1) Request a Quote
2) Fill in a Template Request & Order Form
- How do I request a Quote?
- It is easy to get a quote for your project. Simply print out the Quote Request Form and create a simple hand sketch of your countertop requirements. Then you can either scan & e-mail it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to our office at 905-967-0950. Quartz Craft Countertops will return the quote to you within 24 hours.
- Why doesn’t Quartz Craft give a per sq foot price?
- Cambria is priced per project. A per square foot price does not give you all of the information you need to make an accurate product comparison. Per square foot prices are often subject to additional costs based on the colour you choose, the edge profile you choose, the sink you choose and the stove you choose. Quartz Craft Countertops will supply you with a no obligation quotation that gives you the cost of your countertop project. A project price is the best way to make comparisons with other products.
- How do I order my countertops?
- Once you have decided to go forward with your Cambria purchase, simply fill out our Template Request and Order Form. This form lets us know you’re ready to purchase your countertop! You can find our Template Request and Order Form here. Filling out this form will give us all the information we need in order to quickly & accurately get your order under way. You can send your order either by email at email@example.com or by fax at 905-967-0950.
- What happens after I place my order?
- After you’ve sent in your order, we will contact you to set up your template date! The template for your countertop is an essential step in creating your custom countertop. One of our skilled Templaters will create a digital template with cutting-edge technology to ensure a phenomenal fit for your beautiful new countertop.
- How long between template and install?
- After your template, you can expect installation of your countertop to take place in approximately two weeks. Waiting for your countertop is the hardest part- but trust us, designs this beautiful are worth it.
- How do I prepare for a Template?
- We recommend that a decision maker be at home the day of the template.
- All cabinets must be installed and in their final position.
- Stove, cooktop, sink and faucet must be on site for template so that we can obtain accurate information for the cut outs required.
- You or your contractor is responsible for any plumbing or electrical work that is required.
- If you are replacing only the countertop (not your cabinetry) it is necessary to template the existing cabinets with the old top removed. This will ensure the most accurate fit. Please have this done before the template date. (The old countertop can be put back in place temporarily after the template is done.) Disposal of the old countertop is also your responsibility.
- How do I prepare for Installation?
- Please remove all vehicles from the driveway providing free access for our installation truck.
- Please ensure outside walkways and or stairs are clear of all obstructions (including snow in winter).
- Please ensure all inside halls and stairs are clear of any obstructions providing free and clear access to the job site.
- Please remove free standing stoves, slide-in stoves, cook-tops and counter top microwaves to provide free and clear access to the work area. If you do not have vertical wood panel beside the refrigerator, the refrigerator will need to be moved to ensure no damage occurs to it when installing the countertops. Reinstalling these appliances is the responsibility of the customer. Quartz Craft employees are not permitted to move appliances.
- Please remove any countertops. Removal and disposal of existing countertops is your responsibility.
- Please remove any plumbing.
- Please do not schedule any additional work by other trades people on the day of the countertop installation. Any plumbing, electrical or tile work required to complete the project should be scheduled subsequent to the countertop installation date. Quartz Craft employees are not permitted to do any electrical or plumbing work.
- Please feel free to cover floors with safe floor covering. Our crews will also use drop sheets to protect the floors but will not remove safety boots when installing the countertops.